Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Quotes portion

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Quotes portion Empty Quotes portion Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:34 am

Leony

post quotes here.

2Quotes portion Empty Re: Quotes portion Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:38 am

Leony

When Barney turns emo..

he'll be singing:

"I love you, you hate me,
you're in-love but not with me,
now my heart is scattered all bcoz of you,
when will I be happy to0?" Crying or Very sad

3Quotes portion Empty Re: Quotes portion Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:03 pm

GK

When men are most sure and arrogant they are commonly most mistaken, giving views to passion without that proper deliberation which alone can secure them from the grossest absurdities.

4Quotes portion Empty Re: Quotes portion Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:05 pm

GK

Abigail Van Buren:
People who fight fire with fire usually end up with ashes.

5Quotes portion Empty Re: Quotes portion Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:05 pm

GK

Adlai Stevenson:
We should be careful and discriminating in all the advice we give. We should be especially careful in giving advice that we would not think of following ourselves. Most of all, we ought to avoid giving counsel which we don't follow when it damages those who take us at our word.

6Quotes portion Empty Re: Quotes portion Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:08 pm

GK

Frederick Brooks, Jr.:
All programmers are optimists. Perhaps this modern sorcery especially attracts those who believe in happy endings and fairy godmothers. Perhaps the hundreds of nitty frustrations drive away all but those who habitually focus on the end goal. Perhaps it is merely that computers are young, programmers are younger, and the young are always optimists. But however the selection process works, the result is indisputable: "This time it will surely run," or "I just found the last bug."

7Quotes portion Empty Re: Quotes portion Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:10 pm

GK

Pablo Picasso:
Computers are useless. They can only give you answers.

8Quotes portion Empty Re: Quotes portion Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:27 pm

Leony

another Barney's song:

"I love you, you love me..
Let's go out and kill Barney..
With a shotgun..bang-bang..
Barney's on the floor..
No more stupid dinosaur.." haha! lol!

9Quotes portion Empty Re: Quotes portion Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:48 pm

Leony

GK wrote:When men are most sure and arrogant they are commonly most mistaken, giving views to passion without that proper deliberation which alone can secure them from the grossest absurdities.

anu daw sabi? Very Happy
lalim naman...

10Quotes portion Empty Re: Quotes portion Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:36 pm

Leony

A blind boy sat on the steps of a building with a hat by his feet. He held up a sign which said: 'I am blind, please help.' There were only a few coins in the hat.

A man was walking by. He took a few coins from his pocket and dropped them into the hat. He then took the sign, turned it around, and wrote some words. He put the sign back so that everyone who walked by would see the new words.

Soon the hat began to fill up. A lot more people were giving money to the blind boy. That afternoon the man who had changed the sign came to see how things were. The boy recognized his footsteps and asked, 'Were you the one who changed my sign this morning? What did you write?'

The man said, 'I only wrote the truth. I said what you said but in a different way.'
What he had written was: 'Today is a beautiful day and I cannot see it.'

Do you think the first sign and the second sign were saying the same thing?

Of course both signs told people the boy was blind. But the first sign simply said the boy was blind. The second sign told people they were so lucky that they were not blind. Should we be surprised that the second sign was more effective?

Moral of the Story: Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative. Think differently and positively.

Invite others towards good with wisdom. Live life with no excuse and love with no regrets. When life gives you a 100 reasons to cry, show life that you have 1000 reasons to smile. Face your past without regret. Handle your present with confidence. Prepare for the future without fear. Keep the faith and drop the fear.

Great men say, 'Life has to be an incessant process of repair and reconstruction, of discarding evil and developing goodness…. In the journey of life, if you want to travel without fear, you must have the ticket of a good conscience.'

The most beautiful thing is to see a person smiling.. And even more . . knowing that you are the reason behind it!! Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum